University of Oregon Libraries University of Oregon Libraries
Digital Collections

OSU Archives

Skip to content  Collection Home : Browse Collection : Advanced Search : Preferences : My Favorites   
add to favorites : reference url : download back to results : previous : next
 
Zoom in Zoom out Pan left Pan right Pan up Pan down Maximum resolution Fit in window Fit to width Rotate left Rotate right Hide/show thumbnail
Administration Building unit arrives on campus, March 1947. Five naval hospital wards from Camp Adair were moved to campus and joined together with connecting passageways. The wards were separated into movable sections like the one shown here and moved to campus over a period of several weeks. They were ""installed"" north of Milam Hall and housed most of the university's administrative offices until 1971. As the 1970 Oregon Stater stated: ""Only a couple of dozen of the University's 15,000 students can get in the business office and registrar's areas at one time and most of them have to sooner or later.""
Administration Building unit arrives on campus, March 1947. Five naval hospital wards from Camp Adair were moved to campus and joined together with connecting passageways. The wards were separated into movable sections like the one shown here and moved to campus over a period of several weeks. They were ""installed"" north of Milam Hall and housed most of the university's administrative offices until 1971. As the 1970 Oregon Stater stated: ""Only a couple of dozen of the University's 15,000 students can get in the business office and registrar's areas at one time and most of them have to sooner or later.""
Image TitleAdministration Building unit arrives on campus, March 1947. Five naval hospital wards from Camp Adair were moved to campus and joined together with connecting passageways. The wards were separated into movable sections like the one shown here and moved to campus over a period of several weeks. They were ""installed"" north of Milam Hall and housed most of the university's administrative offices until 1971. As the 1970 Oregon Stater stated: ""Only a couple of dozen of the University's 15,000 students can get in the business office and registrar's areas at one time and most of them have to sooner or later.""
Date1947-00-00
Time Period1940-1949
SubjectBuilding construction
Administration Building
Original CollectionGwil Evans Photographic Collection (P 082)
Item Numberp082_010
Full resolutionArchives87/p082_010.tif
http://digitalcollections.library.oregonstate.edu/archives/full/p082_010.tif
add to favorites : reference url : download back to results : previous : next
University of Oregon Libraries | Oregon State University Libraries | Contact Us ^ to top ^