University of Oregon
University of Oregon Libraries
Digital Collections

Building Oregon

Skip to content  Collection Home : Browse Collection : Advanced Search : Preferences : My Favorites   
add to favorites : reference url : download back to results : previous : next
 
Marion Court Apartments (Portland, Oregon)
Object NameMarion Court Apartments (Portland, Oregon)
Viewexterior
Related Work (Part Of)Alphabet Historic District (Portland, Oregon)
Creator/RolePhilip Chappell Browne (architect, 1865- )
CreatorBrown, P. Chappell
Chappell-Brown, P.
Date1927
Decade1920-1929
CityPortland
CountyMultnomah
State/ProvinceOregon
CountryUnited States
Site Detail2062 Northwest Marshall Street
Photograph Date1998
CatalogerEdward H. Teague
Object Typearchitecture
built works
exterior views (visual works)
dwellings
apartments
ReferenceAlphabet Historic District National Register Nomination
Creator NotesPrior to his arrival in Portland, Oregon, Philip Chappell Browne was an architect and surveyor in Auckland, New Zealand, according to an 1885 patent application for a ventilator for windows. (Item 1359. 14th January. Philip Chappell Browne, of City Chambers, Vulcan Lane, Auckland, Architect and Surveyor.—An invention for a ventilator for windows. Letters and Patents, 1885, National Library of New Zealand website). He later obtained a copyright by way of the Oregon Flag Co., Portland.
Metadata NotesDescription of this work is based initially on documentation supplied by the image provider. It is often the case with gift slides that very little information is provided. Review and updating of descriptive information by the collection cataloger is ongoing.
Digital CollectionBuilding Oregon: Architecture of Oregon & the Pacific Northwest
Source CollectionArchitecture & Allied Arts Library, University of Oregon Libraries, http://library.uoregon.edu/aaa/
Image SourceOregon State Historic Preservation Office, Oregon State Historic Preservation Office, http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/HCD/SHPO/
PublisherUniversity of Oregon Libraries
CopyrightThis image was included in the documentation to support a nomination to the National Register of Historic Places, a program of the National Park Service. The image is provided here by the Oregon State Historic Preservation Office and the University of Oregon Libraries to facilitate scholarship, research, and teaching. For other uses, such as publication, contact the State Historic Preservation Office. Please credit the Oregon State Historic Preservation Office when using this image.
File Namepna_23254.jpg
Contributing InstitutionUniversity of Oregon Libraries
add to favorites : reference url : download back to results : previous : next
University of Oregon Libraries | Oregon State University Libraries | Contact Us ^ to top ^