University of Oregon
University of Oregon Libraries
Digital Collections

Building Oregon

Skip to content  Collection Home : Browse Collection : Advanced Search : Preferences : My Favorites   
add to favorites : reference url : download back to results : previous : next
 
Burnaugh Building (Enterprise, Oregon)
Object NameBurnaugh Building (Enterprise, Oregon)
Viewexterior: doorway
Creator/RoleSamuel R. Haworth (builder/contractor, 1856-1935)
CreatorHaworth, Samuel R.
Date1916
Decade1910-1919
CityEnterprise
CountyWallowa
State/ProvinceOregon
CountryUnited States
Site Detail107 North River Street
CatalogerEdward H. Teague
Object Typearchitecture
built works
views (visual works)
exterior views
commercial buildings
components (objects)
architectural elements
openings (architectural elements)
doors
Materials/Techniquevolcanic stone, cast stone
SignficanceNational Register of Historic Places (Listed, 1993)
ReferenceNational Register of Historic Places, http://www.nps.gov/nr/ ;
Creator NotesThe building was constructed according to the designs of Samuel R. Haworth. In the 1900, 1910, and 1920 U. S. censuses, Haworth is listed as a contractor living in La Grande, Oregon. In the 1930 census, he and his wife Elizabeth are listed as managers of an apartment house on East Belmont Street, Portland.
Metadata NotesDescription of this work is based initially on documentation supplied by the image provider. It is often the case with gift slides that very little information is provided. Review and updating of descriptive information by the collection cataloger is ongoing.
Digital CollectionBuilding Oregon: Architecture of Oregon & the Pacific Northwest
Source CollectionArchitecture & Allied Arts Library, University of Oregon Libraries, http://library.uoregon.edu/aaa/
Image SourceOregon State Historic Preservation Office, http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/HCD/SHPO/
PublisherUniversity of Oregon Libraries
CopyrightThis image was included in the documentation to support a nomination to the National Register of Historic Places, a program of the National Park Service. The image is provided here by the Oregon State Historic Preservation Office and the University of Oregon Libraries to facilitate scholarship, research, and teaching. For other uses, such as publication, contact the State Historic Preservation Office. Please credit the Oregon State Historic Preservation Office when using this image.
File Namepna_01496.jpg
Contributing InstitutionUniversity of Oregon Libraries
add to favorites : reference url : download back to results : previous : next
University of Oregon Libraries | Oregon State University Libraries | Contact Us ^ to top ^